Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's Sysco-y

So every Sunday when I'm down at my dad's place on Bastrop Bayou down by Angleton, Texas, we listen to the Cajun Jamboree show on AM 560.

It's great, old time-y radio. Amazing that it's on a Clear Channel radio station.

Every week they go on and on about all kinds of great Cajun food. They keep talking about crawdad cornbread every week ... too bad Beaumont is so far from Angelton, or I would have long since had me some.

Anyway, so a couple of weeks ago, dad and I were sitting there and they got to talking about some restaurant. I think they were running out of things to say, because they said the best thing about they restaurant was the ketchup and crackers. I'm thinking to myself, how good can ketchup and crackers really be.

Then, the daugther of the host says that the best part of it is that they use that good Sysco ketchup.

Sysco ... the same company that supplies about every cheap little dive and food service operation on the planet?

I did find a thread that talks about what a great delicacy this is.

But still, seriously, Sysco? Can anyone tell me what the deal is with kethcup and crackers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home