Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Salmon with Green Curry

When I first started cooking one of the first things I wanted to try was a thai curry, but the recipes I saw were really complicated and called for making the curry paste yourself so I wrote it off and never went back to it.

So, I recently had a terrific curry at Lotus Thai here in Ann Arbor and decided to give it a go again.

Who knew it was so easy?

This is a great weeknight recipe.

1 12 ounce can of coconut milk
1/2 small can of curry, green in this instance
1 tbs honey

The recipe on the curry can said to use the whole can of curry paste, but a half-can provided plenty of flavor and heat. Combine and simmer for 15-30 min. I prefer it a little sweet so I added some honey.

I sauteed a couple of salmon filets and cooked a pot of rice. I spooned the sauce over both, liberally. I couldn't find any thai basil and my cilantro had turned so the color leaves something to be desired in these photos. But it's crazy delicious.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home